I wanted to let them be what they wanted, because I thought it would be too darn cute! And a costume that is unique and different! With some great advice from family and friends, I was able to come up with their costumes and I didn't spend much money on them either!
For OLIVE OYL...
I glued the rick rack onto the skirt and used velcro for the lace! I might not be able to sew but I am rather creative. :)
- Black wig - $2.50 at Target
- Long Black Skirt - $2.50 on Ebay
- Lace for sleeves and collar - $0.99 cents at Hancock Fabrics
- Red Rick Rack for skirt - $1.99 at Hancock Fabrics
- She already had the red shirt and boots
We glued green construction paper over a new, empty paint can. I also printed a couple of anchors off the computer and we glued them to his forearms.
- Shirt - $2 at a Thrift Store
- Muscles $3 at Goodwill
- Sailor Hat - $2 at Halloween Store
- Felt for spinach leaves - $0.50 cents at Michael's
- He already had the pants and boots
Olive Oyl: $8.00
Total Spent: $15.50
Smiles on the faces of my children and comments about the costumes: PRICELESS!