There is potential in all of us. No matter what you achieve in life, you start in the same place as everyone else: as a kid full of potential and big dreams. At the end of the day, we are all “just a kid” from somewhere.
When my six-year-old son started wrestling nine years ago, I had no idea what impact it would have on our lives. It all started out as cute and fun, and has transformed into something that is still fun, but consumes the majority of our nights and weekends!
Over the years... many nights of practice, local Saturday tournaments, and traveling to other tournaments on certain weekends have led to an amazing extended family! The more wrestling tournaments you attend, the more wrestlers you see. Of course, there are those wrestlers that are as committed and dedicated as your wrestler, and you see them at all of the tournaments Your boys may even wrestle each other and you find yourself on the same wrestling mat over and over.
Then, the boys begin to hang out together at the different tournaments, help each other warm up, and then sit in their corners during their matches and cheer them on. Same club, different club, same weight class... it doesn't matter. The bonds begin to form, friendships are made, and an extended family is created!
The same goes for the parents. We are mat side to help cheer on and support each other's children. We sit together in the bleachers, we help transport to and from practice, and even take along an extra wrestler or two to a tournament out of town.
Through the years, hundreds of wrestling tournaments, thousands of hours in the wrestling room or in the gyms, and thousands of miles driven... I can't even begin to count all of the wrestlers and their families that have made a positive impact for us and the sport. It truly is AMAZING!!
Young athletes today might not be elite athletes (yet), but they love to play sports. But today, they might feel like nobodies, with big dreams of being somebodies. POWERADE believes that with the right motivation these everyday athletes can realize their potential and one day be the athletes that they look up to. POWERADE is celebrating this potential in the “Just A Kid” campaign.
- The ION4® Advanced Electrolyte System helps replenish four electrolytes lost in sweat: sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. POWERADE is formulated with a 6% carbohydrate solution to help provide energy to working muscles, and vitamins B3, B6 and B12.
- POWERADE comes in great tasting flavors and has been helping keep athletes hydrated for decades. POWERADE ZEROTM features the same hydration benefits of classic POWERADE but with ZERO calories.
- POWERADE flavors:
- Mountain Berry Blast®
- Fruit Punch
- Lemon Lime
- POWERADE Zero flavors:
- Mixed Berry
- Grape Zero
- POWERADE is available for everyday low prices and in multipack assortment of sizes at Walmart and Walmart.com.
- POWERADE flavors:
About the POWERADE "Just A Kid" Campaign:
- There is potential in all of us. No matter what you achieve in life, you start in the same place as everyone else: as a kid full of potential and big dreams. At the end of the day, we are all “just a kid” from somewhere.
- POWERADE believes that with the right motivation these everyday athletes can realize their potential and one day be the athletes that they look up to. Sports have a major impact on our communities. Whether it is t-ball or the pros, every athlete in every league has a story waiting to be told.
- Represent your somewhere with custom "Just a Kid" apparel that features where you're from here. All net proceeds from the sale of "Just a Kid" apparel goes to the Boys & Girls Club of America.
Walmart/POWERADE Offer - Free “Just a Kid” Sports Bottle:
When shoppers purchase two 8-packs of 20 oz POWERADE at Walmart, they’ll be able to go online, submit their receipt, and order a free custom “Just a Kid” reusable sports bottle. CLICK HERE to learn more. The offer is good until April 4, 2016 or while supplies last.
How have sports made a positive impact on your athlete's life?