Well, Thanksgiving is over, and you know what that means! It means it’s time once again to clutch on to your laptops or electronic devices and visit a few (or a lot of) websites for those crazy discounted offers.
Cyber Monday is a great way to save on cash, but the temptation of over clicking, and thus overspending, can be far too great for our credit cards and bank accounts to handle. If you’re looking for a way to keep yourself from spending more than you should on one of the greatest holiday discount sales of the year, then stick around for four great tips to avoid overspending on Cyber Monday.
1. Know What You Need – One of the reasons why people tend to spend more than they should on Cyber Monday is because they don’t keep a list of things that they actually need. Before you hit those holiday sales, make sure you know just exactly what you need so you don’t end up purchasing things that aren’t necessary.
2. Wait It Out – In the event that you do come across something and then realize that you might really need it (or really want it), then you should give it some time before you click that purchase now button. A lot of times, we give in to our impulses and end up buying things because of the heat of the moment. Try to wait it out – if you still want the thing after cooling off from the ecstasy of discovery, then go ahead and buy it. But if you feel that the emotion wanes after a while, then it’s best to just let it go.
3. Think – One of the problems we face when buying things online is because we don’t really think about it. When you find an item that you think you want, it’s a good idea to ask yourself – do I really want this? Or am I just buying it because it’s on sale? Finding out the answer to this question will save you a world of overspending.
4. Pay Attention To Reviews – If an item is as great as it seems right off the bat, then reviews will say the same thing. But if you find that an item that looks good to start off doesn’t seem all that hot in the reviews, then maybe it’s not worth your while after all. Don’t waste money on items that aren’t worth it. Make sure you get a quality item for the price you’re paying. It’s your hard earned cash after all.
5. Use Coupons. On top of all the savings you can get on Cyber Monday, there are also coupon codes that you can stack. Search through sites like Retailmenot.com, Couponlawn.com and Groupon.com.
Will you be doing any online shopping on Cyber Monday?
Thanks for the tips! I plan to make a list tonight so that I can stay focused!
Thanks for the great tips. I especially
agree with paying attention to reviews. They have helped me make many buying decisions.
Post a Comment