Selecting holiday presents for a man may be one of the most daunting tasks a woman has ever faced. Men can be extremely picky when it comes to buying certain items like clothes and shoes, and you can forget about picking up that little trinket you saw last week.
According to the 2012 Discover Annual Holiday Shopping Survey, women will spend nearly $165 more on Christmas gifts than men this year. If you spend your hard-earned money on a yellow pom-pom sweater for him, odds are he will tuck it in the back of the closet or throw it away. Be an awesome wife or girlfriend and give one of the ten hottest gifts that men really want this holiday season:
1. Tickets – For a personalized gift, buy a pair of tickets for an upcoming concert or sports game. Most men love to be involved in a crowd at a fun event. If he has mentioned a band or a basketball matchup he wants to see, purchase a pair of tickets for the show. He will adore you for being so thoughtful, and he’ll appreciate it even more if he gets to enjoy the event with you.
2. Electronics – Whether his laptop is broken or he needs a new cell phone, electronics are always at the top of his wish list. Stores like Best Buy and Walmart offer deep discounts on all types of electronics before Christmas so consider what he would like the most. Think about what technology he uses frequently, or ask him if you’re not sure.
3. Movies – Buy his favorite movie or a boxed set of a television series on DVD. If your man does not own many movies and prefers to watch online, consider a subscription to Netflix or Hulu Plus. Then, he can watch all the shows and movies he wants!
4. Video Games – If your guy likes to play video games in his spare time, get him a copy of Call of Duty or Age of Empires. It will be his refuge to unwind and dominate the competition online. For more gift ideas for technology lovers, check out FatWallet’s Holiday Tech Guide for Men.
5. Vacation - For a gift that will knock his socks off, plan a vacation to a warm destination. Tons of travel websites offer deals and packages for the off-season. A trip gives both of you something to look forward to when the holidays end and winter hits.
6. Car Accessories – Unless your man’s ride is completely pimped out, there is always something he could use for his car. Maybe his radio needs an upgrade, or a GPS would prevent him from getting lost all the time. If you really want to impress him, invest in an awesome set of tires or speakers.