As much as I love the internet, I have always been concerned about certain information being stolen by hackers. Several years ago my husband purchased train tickets online for his brother and a few days later we were contacted by our credit card company with concerns of suspicious activity on our account. Sure enough, someone had gotten our credit card information and charged over $6000 worth of items including round-trip tickets to New York.
I know that nothing is full-proof but I do my best to make sure that my online transactions are as secure as possible. I log-out after every online purchase, online banking session, and
Data security is very important and something that everyone should be aware of. There are several rules that I follow in order to help prevent our personal information from being stolen by hacking. A few of the easiest include:
- I turn off my wifi and computer when not in use
- Our wifi is set up through a secure, password protected network
- I monitor my credit card and bank statements every month
- I use strong passwords with a combination of letters and numbers
- I use antivirus software and a personal firewall on all of our computers
Have you ever had your identity or personal information stolen?
Brought to you by your friends at Private WiFi. All thoughts and opinions are my own!