This is a sponsored post on behalf of Nature’s Bounty®. All opinions are 100% my own.
Being overweight is something that I have always been concerned about, and have even struggled with. The summer before my daughter started fourth grade, she began that stage that many children go through... she was very chubby and had a "Buddha Belly". Several of her friends and my niece who were all the same age had entered that awkward phase all together. One day my daughter asked me, "Mom, why am I fat?"As a mom, the last thing I want my daughter to experience is feeling uncomfortable in her own skin. I don't want her to feel self-conscious about her body. I know how that feels and it's not pleasant. I told her that everyone has a different body shape and that nobody is ever the same. I told her that we all go through different stages in our development. I also reminded her that is why we eat healthy foods, limit the amount of junk food we eat, drink lots of water, exercise, and take our daily vitamins!
My children know that they must take their kids vitamins each morning after breakfast. They keep them on their bathroom counter which makes it easy for them to remember. Eat breakfast, brush your teeth, take your vitamins.
Nature’s Bounty® has a broad line of formulations that meet the unique needs and lifestyles for just about anyone. My husband and I both take Vitamin C, Biotin and Glucosamine Chondroitin. I also take a daily cranberry supplement.
- B vitamins play a role in energy support by helping convert food into energy*. Vitamin B-12 is essential for the normal formation of blood cells and contributes to the health of the nervous system.*
- Biotin is a B vitamin that is essential for the intermediate metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fats.* Biotin also assists with energy metabolism and is important for healthy skin, hair and nails.*
- Cranberry helps support the integrity of bladder walls to promote urinary health in both men and women.* This product also contains Vitamin C that plays a role in supporting immune function.* Made from the finest cranberry concentrate available.*
I want my children to be happy "health champions" and always do their best. That is why my husband and I do our best to teach them the importance and benefits of good nutrition and taking vitamins as part of their daily routine. We tell them if their body isn't being nourished and taken care of properly, it won't be able to do everything that they need it to do. And that includes getting good grades and excelling in the sports that they love.
What do I do to “be my healthy best for my family” during back-to-school?
- I pack my children's lunches at home, this way I know exactly what they are eating!
- I include fresh fruits and veggies into nearly every meal!
- I limit tv and electronics time and encourage active, outdoor play!
- We have a set bedtime on school nights, getting a good night of sleep is important!
Children learn by example, so it's up to my husband and I to set the standard for our children. If they see my husband and I making healthy choices, they are going to do the same. Vitamins and supplements play an important role for our family because they give our bodies (and minds) support to help keep us energized and healthy.*
Every day you strive to be your best. That’s why Nature’s Bounty® supplements are designed especially for you – they’re made with only the best possible ingredients and trusted quality for over 40 years.
Nature's Bounty wants your opinion. Participate in a short 10 minute online survey from and the first 100 people to fully complete this survey will receive a $5.00 Walmart Gift card. (U.S. citizens only, must be 18 years or older to participate).
To learn more and stay updated on the latest Nature's Bounty news, be sure to like them on Facebook!
How do you stay your "healthy best" for your family during back-to-school?
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
** Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA Omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. One serving of Nature’s Bounty Fish Oil 1200 mg provides 360 mg of EPA, DHA and other Omega-3 fatty acids. See nutrition information for total fat and cholesterol content.
Thank you for the post and for teaching your children about vitamins and health at an early stage! Activity, diet, sleep, vitamins … these are all part of what it takes to create a healthy, happy you. I’m happy your little ones caught on early and are able to carry this knowledge with them through the years instead of starting late. Thank you again!
It is important to teach our children while they are young the importance of being healthy and I think you and your husband are doing a wonderful job.
Thank you for sharing very useful information with us. We can't get enough Vitamins that essential for our body. Although Physical Exercise and mental exercise are important for our body growth. We need natural food as well as Supplement and Vitamins for our body and mental growth to stronger our immune system.
Post a Comment