- 1 tsp minced GARLIC
- 1 tsp minced ONION
- 3/4 tsp ground CUMIN
- 3/4 tsp OREGANO LEAVES
- 1/2 tsp CILANTRO LEAVES
- 1/2 tsp BLACK PEPPER
What I needed:
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 medium sized bell and/or red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
I actually used steak instead of chicken, because I just happened to have steaks thawed out for dinner that night. We also added sliced olives, shredded cheese and rice. Hubby doesn't like lime, so I was a little nervous about what his reaction was going to be. I didn't tell him there was lime juice in it, he said they were "quite tasty!"
It was deliciously mouth-watering! This is a meal that our entire family enjoyed and I would definitely make it again. It's a complete meal all rolled up into one convenient hand-held and edible container! :) It's also a quick and easy meal to make as well, perfect for those busy nights or a last minute meal idea!
How to make Garlic Lime Fajitas:
- Mix juices, oil, salt and spices in a small bowl. Set aside 1/4 cup of the mixture. Place meat in large bowl or plastic bag. Add remaining marinade: coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes, longer for added flavor.
- Cook and stir meat in skillet on medium heat for 3 - 5 minutes until lightly brown. Remove from skillet. Add peppers and onions with remaining marinade and cook for 5 minutes. Return chicken to pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Spoon mixture onto tortillas and top with sliced olives, rice and shredded cheese, if desired.
It's easier than ever to try some of their favorite recipes. All you need are a few ingredients to make something new and delicious! Each package includes pre-measured spices and a collectible recipe card. Add just a few of your own fresh ingredients and you’ve got inspiration to make a memorable meal any night of the week. What could be easier than that?
McCormick Recipe Inspirations come in six different varieties at $1.99 each:
- Apple and Sage Pork Chops
- Garlic Lime Fajitas
- Quesadilla Casserole
- Shrimp & Pasta Primavera
- Spanish Chicken Skillet
- Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Potatoes