In honor of the March 11th release of "Mars Needs Moms," SocialMoms is bringing you an entertaining new blogging program that asks you what are the top ten things you think your kids would miss most about you if you were abducted by aliens/Martians?
As crazy as things get in this house sometimes, I often think that my family and my children are from Mars! So, getting abducted by aliens probably isn't too far off in our neck of the woods! The new movie "Mars Needs Moms" looks really cute and we are planning on taking the kiddos to see it.
- Christmas Eve Traditions! I'm the one who buys them new jammies to wear to bed every Christmas Eve. I'm the one who gives them reindeer food to ensure that Santa stops at our house. Who makes sure that Santa has all of his favorite treats.
- Bike Rides to the Mailbox! Who would let them ride their bikes to get the mail on all those sunny days? Even on those not to sunny days but just because they asked so sweetly and I couldn't bring myself to say no.
- Pictures! I'm the one who has always (and always will) taken those photos of every special and embarrassing moments in their lives. I've taken so many pictures of them that they automatically "pose" whenever they see me with a camera.
- Summer Vacations! I'm the one who plans, schedules and pays for our summer vacations with my online earnings. Their Dad is a "homebody" and without me, there just might not be any fun family trips or vacations each year.
- Hugs and Kisses! Sure, Dad is great and wonderful. But nobody can give hugs and kisses like Mom can! Even though they are both getting older, I know they would miss my hugs and kisses. Especially those goodnight kisses!
- Birthday Parties! I started planning my children's 1st Birthday Parties on the day they were born! Well, not that soon but it wasn't long after. Without me there would be no big birthday bashes with all the fun things that come along with turning another year older. I always make their birthday cake to match the theme of their party. From the cake to the party favors to the decorations - it's a big celebration that only I can give them!
- New Clothes! That's right! If I were abducted by aliens my children would probably end up running around naked by the time things were done. Their Dad does not like to go shopping and he doesn't even know what size clothes or shoes they wear.
- New Toys! The majority of their toys are a direct result of my frugal shopping and clearance deals. I take pride in getting great deals and making our money stretch further so that my kids can have all the things that they want (and ask for).
- A Clean and Organized House! Without me at home, I can't even begin to imagine what the house would look like! WOW! I'm the one that keeps the house clean and organized and everything in its proper place. They can ask me where something is and I can tell them exactly! Top shelf, left hand side, blue container! That's a Mom's job for sure!
- ME! Considering all the things that my children were to miss if I were to be abducted by aliens, I honestly think that the thing they would miss the most would be ME! I'm their Mom, the one who loves them, takes care of them, kisses their "ouchies" and loves them no matter what! Although, I'll have to admit that I would probably miss them more than they would miss me! I honestly don't know what I would do without my wonderful children. My children are my life!
What would your children miss most about you, if you were to be abducted by aliens?
Mars Needs Moms - Rated PG, Walt Disney Pictures, In Theaters 3/11/11
About Mars Needs Moms
Produced by the team behind “Disney’s A Christmas Carol” and “The Polar Express,” “Mars Needs Moms” showcases nine-year-old Milo’s (Seth Green) quest to save his mom (Joan Cusack) from Martians—a wild adventure in Disney Digital 3D™ and IMAX® 3D that involves stowing away on a spaceship, navigating an elaborate, multi-level planet and taking on the alien nation and their leader (Mindy Sterling).
Like Mars Needs Moms on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MarsNeedsMomsMovie
Walt Disney Pictures on Twitter: http://twitter.com/disneypictures
**I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.