I'm proof that you can dress yourself and your entire family in the latest fashions without paying full price. It's an amazing feeling knowing that I can do this and be frugal and thrifty at the same time. Here are 10 of my own tips for weaving the hottest runway trends into your day-to-day looks without breaking the bank!
- Sales! I always shop the clearance and sales racks. There are always great sales on clothing, every store has clearance sales and it's your right to take advantage of them.
- Coupons! Most stores have mailing lists now, even online stores. Sign up and combine your great coupons with sales as often as you can for even greater savings. You'll be happy and so will your checking account.
- Mix and Match! Look into your closets for clothes that you can mix and match with one another to create your own fashions. Layering your clothing will bring an entire new look to your wardrobe. Be fashionable without having to buy any new items.
- Swap! Get together with your girlfriends and do a clothing exchange. This will save you all a ton of money, plus you will all get something new for your closets. This is great for children's clothing as well.
- Purses! You can create an entirely new look for your outfits just by changing your purse. Typically, a purse is an inexpensive accessory that you can easily buy several of. Different sizes and colors add the perfect touch.
- Jewelry! Necklaces, bracelets and earrings are the perfect way to add class and style to any outfit.
- Kids Clothes are Cuter! If you can get away with it, shop in the junior section. I have small feet and I purchase the majority of my shoes in the kid section! They are often times cuter and much cheaper.
- Make Your Own! Give it a try. You can easily turn old jeans and shirts into cute skirts or even a scarf. Bring new life to old clothing with just a little creativity and a sewing machine.
- Comfort! Make sure that you are comfortable in what you're wearing. You won't feel good about yourself if you don't feel comfortable in your own clothing. We all have a different idea of what's trendy and fashionable.
- Hair! It doesn't matter if you have short hair or long hair. Simply changing the way your style your hair can make a world of difference. Buns, pony tails, braids, up-do's... nothing is off limits!
I'm not an expert when it comes to fashion. To be honest, I'm most comfortable in a baggy t-shirt and jeans. Just remember that you don't have to shop designer stores to wear the latest fashions. With a little creativity, you can easily copy them at a fraction of the cost. The runway is yours darling, the way you walk it is totally up to you!
Enter the Kenmore Runway to Washer Sweepstakes
Grand prize includes a Kenmore washer and dryer, a year’s supply of Tide®, and a trip for two to NYC with seats at Thakoon’s show where you’ll meet the designer, and receive items from his collection.
More About Kenmore Washers and Dryers
Introducing the Kenmore Elite Top-Load High Efficiency Washer. With Smart Motion™ Technology, it custom-blends six different wash motions to ensure the right cleaning and care for your clothes. Even designer styles from Thakoon’s collections have been washed in this machine.
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
With its nationwide network of Sears stores, including 848 full-line stores, Sears, Roebuck and Co. is a leading U.S. retailer of apparel, automotive and home products and services for families across the country. Sears also offers a variety of merchandise and services through its Web sites, sears.com and landsend.com, a variety of specialty stores and catalogs.
***I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Kenmore blogging program, making me eligible to get a $50 Sears gift card.