Photography has always been one of my favorite hobbies, ever since I was a little girl. I remember using my 110 camera all the time. Times sure have changed since then as far as my camera is concerned, but my love for photography has not.
Before my husband purchased my Nikon D60 digital camera a couple years ago, he would always say he should have purchased stocks in Kodak because of how many photographs we had delivered. Now, I think he needs to purchase stocks in the ink companies!
You don't have to be a professional to create beautiful digital photos. Here are 5 simple tips:
1. Black and White! Something as simple as changing your color photos to black and white can create an entirely new photo. It takes your photo from bold and bright to subtle and soft. Black and white photos are very elegant, often times my favorites.
2. Crop! If you happen to have the perfect photo, but the angle or centering is totally off - simply crop the photo! Cropping may just be one of the easiest editing tools there is. This way you can create the exact placement of your subject.
3. Shutter Speed! Make sure that your camera is on the correct speed setting. This will help elimate blurry shots. It is especially important when taking action shots, such as sports and children at play. Or when taking photos in areas of bright light or dark lighting, such as school programs and night shots.
4. Red Eye Removal! We all know that the flash can cause the horrid red eye effect. There is nothing more irritating that getting a great shot and then have it end up being ruined with red eyed people. I'm fortunate enough to have an instant red eye removal tool on my camera, I simply select the photo and then use the red eye removal tool. It doesn't get much easier than that. You can also download a free red eye removal action for Adobe Photoshop.
5. Rotate! For the longest time, I thought that the camera had to be at the perfect "even" angle in order to take a great picture. That's not the case at all. Get creative, turn your camera to either side for a unique photo experience. Make heads turn, in a good way!
As much as I love taking pictures, I doubt I'll ever be considered a professional. That doesn't stop me from taking lots of photos and having fun with them in the process. It's all about trail and error. The more photographs I take, the better I'll get. Hopefully!
I carry a camera with me everywhere I go. You just never know when you're going to have the perfect photo opportunity, so it's best to always be prepared!
About Adobe Photoshop Elements:
Get a complete solution for photos. With Adobe Photoshop Elements 9, you can make your photos look extraordinary with easy-to-use editing options. Share your stories in beautiful, personalized print creations and Online Albums. And easily organize all your photos and video clips from one convenient place.
**I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Adobe blogging program, making me eligible to receive a $50 gift card.
Post a Comment