Traveling with my family has always been memorable. It all started when I was a little girl and as a result I've been to 35 states plus Canada and Mexico. There are so many wonderful things to see and experience in the world and I take advantage of any opportunity I can get.
I've never been to Virginia Beach but here are 10 reasons why I would love to visit there with my family.
1. Beach! Plain and simple the beach is my absolute favorite place to be. The sand between my toes, listening to the water and watching my children play with their sand toys in the sand. Virginia Beach has 35 miles of beach and to me that means pure heaven!
2. I've never been there! What better reason? It's a new place with so many wonderful activities and places to explore. It would be a new adventure full of fun and family memories, the perfect place for a family vacation!
3. Sea life! The Virginia Beach Aquarium would be one of the top places for us to visit. We love going to aquariums and being able to get up close and personal with all the animals, birds and plant life.
4. Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! We have been to the one in Newport, Oregon and the kids had a blast! Being able to take them to another one with different odd items and attractions would be a wonderful experience for all of us and one that the kids would remember forever!
5. Horseback Riding! I've always wanted to go horseback riding on a long, beautiful beach at sunset.
6. The Boardwalk! Down by the boardwalk, down by the beach. Yeah! On a blankie with my husband and children is where I'll be... having a picnic and enjoying the beautiful view! The views from boardwalks are always breathtaking!
7. Tugboats! There is a Tugboat Museum there and I've always loved tugboats. They are just so cute and there is something about them that I've always loved. A wonderful family friendly attraction that my children would talk about for a very long time.
8. Cape Henry Lighthouse! Another one of my favorite things along the coast and beach are lighthouses. We have had the opportunity to tour a couple lighthouses in the past and the kids freak! They absolutely love it so I know this would be a big hit!
9. Wild Animals! The Virginia Beach Zoo would be another must see attraction! Another great family friendly attraction that allows us to get up close and personal with the wild animals. This is something that every child should get to experience!
10. Memories! I know that my family and I would be able to make lifelong family memories. I think we could spend an entire month in Virginia Beach and still not get to experience everything that we would like to. There are so many wonderful family friendly attractions that it would be difficult to choose which ones to do first.
As a mother of two young children, life is all about making memories with them that are going to last a lifetime. Whether we are playing outside in the yard, going to the park, camping in the wilderness or exploring a new city or state... it's the time spent together that means the most!
About Virgina Beach
Virginia Beach entices visitors to “Live the Life” year-round! Located in the southeastern corner of the state, Virginia Beach is four hours southeast of D.C. by car and within a day’s drive or less from two-thirds of the U.S. population. For visitor information, call 1-800-VA-BEACH (800/822-3224) or visit www.VisitVirginiaBeach.com for online trip planning. For media information and digital images, click on www.VisitVirginiaBeach.com/pressroom.
**I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach Tourism blogging program, for a gift card worth $40.
Great list! Check mine out too! http://hmcnaron.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment